How Do I Access The Service?
The provision of this service is only available to patients who are registered with one of the 21 surgeries within West Norfolk and who are unable to access an appointment within a 1-14 day time frame. Appointments are made via the patient’s own GP surgery.
What Appointments Are Available?
- King’s Lynn – Evening appointments are available from 18:30-20:00 and Saturday appointments from 08:00-13:00.
- Swaffham – Saturday appointments are available from 08:00-13:00.
Where Do I Need To Go?
Six duty surgeries are now offering extended access appointments on a rotation basis. The receptionists will advise which practice to attend for your appointment.
The three practices for King’s Lynn are:
- Southgates Medical Centre, 41, Goodwins Road, King’s Lynn, PE30 5QX
- St. James Medical Centre, County Court Road, Kings Lynn, PE30 5SY
- St.John’s Surgery, Main Road, Terrington St. John, Wisbech, PE14 7RR
The three practices for Swaffham are:
- Litcham Health Centre, Manor Drive, Litcham, King’s Lynn, PE32 2NW
- Campingland Surgery, Beech Close, Swaffham, PE37 7RD
- Great Massingham Surgery, Station Road, Great Massingham, PE32 2JQ
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
The hubs are designed to treat patients with acute minor ailments who require a face-to-face clinical assessment in order to be treated appropriately. Appointments are available with a GP, nurse or healthcare assistant.
Patients Who Cannot Be Seen
- Babies under 12 weeks of age
- Pregnancy related problems
- Chronic disease or long-term condition management that requires continuity of care
- Severe mental health problems
- Patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care setting
- Walk-in patients